After seeing the infographics on visually I found the “extracted” version on Edudemic.
I use maths instead of math. Although sometimes I cut the s to fit in a 140 characters for a tweet. And Ha, Ha, Ha was new for me, too.
10 Lesser Known Facts About Math
- 0.999… is equal to 1!
- A palindrome number is one that reads the same backwards and forwards
- Americans call mathematics (maths) in the singular form, math, arguing that ‘mathematics’ functions as a singular noun
- Four is the only number in the english language with the same number of letters as the number itself
- The number 5 is pronounced as ‘ha’ in the Thai lanugage. 555 is also used by some as slang for “Ha, Ha, Ha”
- Some math problems are designed to be confounding
- Evariste Galois invented an entirely new branch of math called group theory when he was in his teens
- The easiest way to remember the value of Pi is to count the number of letters in each word in “May I have a large container of coffee’
- The equal sign was invented by an English mathematician in 1557
- There are shapes of constant width other than the circle.